This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dallmon123 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dallmon123
    Participant

Harry,

I am currently working through both of your courses and very much enjoying them. I have both the chord book and the arpeggio book, they are great! I would love to have a book of simple melody’s that go along with the backing tracks that you have on this site. Having reliable melody’s in both staff and tab would be amazing. Any chance that is in the works?

David

Harry Edwards
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thanks for your message. I’m very happy to hear that you are enjoying the courses and finding the e-books useful.

Your suggestion of a melody book is great, and I would love to do that. The problem is with copyright issues around the tunes, which is not a problem with the chords alone, but when reproducing the melody this is an infringement of copyright (doesn’t apply to the tunes used in the Lead Guitar Fundamentals course).

My suggestion would be to attempt working out some melodies by ear via listening to the original recordings. Alternatively, there is a community compiled songbook (not subject to copyright infringement as it is for educational purposes only and has not been sold) floating around online called the Django Fakebook, featuring melodies to a number of tunes (in standard notation only).

I will however be beginning work on a new course in the near future, so you will certainly hear about that when it is released!

Wishing you all the best,

Harry

dallmon123
    Participant

Harry,

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if that was the case.

Fantastic, I look forward to seeing your next installment!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.